Friday 23 October 2009

Reflections


I was branching out a bit with my portraiture work here. I wanted to maintain the person I was engaging with as the main subject, but then alter/add intrigue/mystery to the viewing of that person; and hence, break away from the 'easy' portrait, make the viewer work a bit more for the photograph, and produce something a little unusual. The self portrait for the profile picture of this blog came from the same body of work.



It was refreshing to approach my personal portraiture in this way, to be looking at different things, considering different images, within the scenes and surroundings that are familiar to my work. Again this is previous work, and I would say that it is now helpful to look back at these pictures, and this approach to working, to prevent my current 'style' from becoming to stagnant and repetitive.

No comments:

Post a Comment