Wednesday 27 October 2010

Alienated Sensory Mash Up

This is not as bizarre nor terrifying as it sounds. It is a task that is part of the #Phonar module, and explained in detail here.



The photos were taken by Paul Hogan, the audio was recorded by me, on the same route, at different times unaware of the other's choices of image/audio. This is my edit of the walk through Coventry. My audio tracks can be found on Souncloud here, and mine and others' photographs of different walks on Flickr here.

Audio – recording it, using it, and understanding it – is all completely new to me. The length of an audio 'document', the time spent recording and then communicating it, becomes a much more significant and challenging factor than when working with still images. When making images for this task I 'shot from the hip' and quickly, hoping to respond immediately – and without being fettered by notions of beauty in the image – to the subjects I encountered. All in all an enjoyably experimental and educating project.

No comments:

Post a Comment