Monday 8 February 2010

Nude Naked

This was the theme for last weeks task of 'Picbod'. I wasn't really interested in photographing other people, mainly because I had no original ideas as to what I'd do with them; and if you're going to get someone to take off their clothes in front of your camera, you need to be confident in what you want. So I turned to my own body, which - being the self absorbed type - I had lots of thoughts and ideas about.

I recognise the dangers of vanity but I'm also aware that I'm susceptible to it, i.e. when I get out the shower I'm not disinclined to glance in the mirror and gain a confidence boost. So I wanted to acknowledge this shallow opinion, by mocking it. I do find a lot of humour in observing all the little 'ugly bits' of my body, such as the straggly thin and very dark hairs which sprout around my nipples. I suppose I'm still something of a spring chicken, however I do feel I'm past the watershed, so from here on out It's all getting fatter, uglier, hairier, and more wrinkled. Hence I decided to make unflattering studies of all these bits.

No comments:

Post a Comment