Saturday 6 March 2010

Bodyscapes (self)

As I had decided at the end of the last shoot, I wanted this project to be about me, to be about a photographer using their own body as a subject to be scrutinised, and hence delivering a statement which isn't critical of another individual, but instead approaches from a universal viewpoint, observing the human form.

Looking over the images I'd already taken, and starting to consider how the work would come together for a final piece, I could see a benefit in making some more images using my body. This will give me a broader selection of images to work with when it comes to editing together an exhibition piece. I also wanted to revisit a few of the 'poses' to see if I could develop them, or improve the light.

The shoot was a success. With the experience of the previous macro sessions, my assistant and I were able to jump straight in there and make some exciting pictures. Pooling these with the previous bodyscapes, I now have a large and strong body of work. From here it's just a question of how or what to edit them into for an exhibition...

No comments:

Post a Comment