Monday 8 March 2010

Edward Weston

Weston was an early 20th century photographer, most famous for his abstract images of natural forms, nudes, and landscapes. His nude work is not quite macro, and I feel it has more of a pictorial consideration than my own, but it does lean toward the obscure. This manipulation of the human form both physically and with camera/lighting tricks, is what attracts me to Weston's photographs. Due to their pictorial nature, I think his works with nudes are really trying to achieve something different to my own, I wouldn't even refer to my work as being nude. Though I do like Weston's understanding of what the human form can give as a subject,
"I am stimulated to work with the nude body, because of the infinite combinations of lines which are present with every move,"
Images and quote from http://www.edward-weston.com/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment