Tuesday 31 May 2011

We can achieve great things together.

This is a republication of a post from January (which was not submitted for another module – just to cover myself). The reason for reposting this is that the discussion on my positive outlook towards collaborative work has become all the more relevant following the 'knowing yourself' session.

'The Walk' Short Film



The people depicted here are my family. The story takes place from Summer to Winter. This is a short film I made using stills of their activity with each other, and with the outdoors. The most enlightening and exciting element of producing this was working in collaboration with the composer Brendan Beales. The photographs - their timing and running order - were edited to silence, I then provided Brendan with a total running time, as well as times for various cues and I gave direction for the mood, tempo, and tonality of the music. He did not know which images he was writing the score for, until the piece was completed, this was to avoid 'mickey mousing' the music. Essentially, this production has highlighted for me the pleasure and ability I have, working in collaboration with others towards a larger creative goal. The film and television industry calls all the louder.

No comments:

Post a Comment